Friday, October 22, 2010

Out with the neighbors

This evening we went to see Wuthering Heights at Lifeline Theatre with our neighbors who are positively delightful. (they just happened to be Lifeline subscribers and we just happened to know two people in the show! LOL) They’re in their 60s and they are um……. Kind of neo-hippies. Cookie (that’s her name) is a costume designer and runs her own business and Al is a drummer in a Jewish drum circle (they have cds out and everything!) and he also is a VP of a real estate brokerage – but he doesn’t talk about it hardly at all. I’m not sure why – maybe he doesn’t want folks asking him about real estate advice or something. Anyway – weirdly enough – they know quite a group of our friends already – so its been a very easy friendship. They own the house next door to us. (there is a 2-flat and a house on the property next door to us – they own both). Now we’re quite friendly, but we started just talking over the fence in the yard just little bits at a time and eventually they invited us over to an impromptu barbeque one evening. And then of course out for the show - we had dinner out first - we paid for that since they bought our theatre tickets. The show was good although we kind of agreed that the first act was a bit slow and then some of the actors' performances were very very unbalanced. They were very strong...... and then weak with their character and how they related to the audience.


Hmmm…… what else…… we got the water damaged fixed in our dining room last week – and I no longer have peach walls! Woo! We had the room painted a very light gray. I really like it. We agreed its maybe a shade too light – but its much prettier than the peach! And we had a light installed in there on the ceiling (previously there was no light – we were using floor lamps etc) and we had the ceiling sanded and repainted to make it look more “up-to-date”. Our final inspection is on Sunday so we’re finally almost finished with that mess.

Greg has started his last quarter of school! He finishes up in December, but his actual graduation date is in February. We are going to be THRILLED that he is done with that. The scheduling is really harsh.

I haven’t been doing much…… well – you know not much of anything other than the “usual”. Its my goal every day to be as “non-sick as possible” and make it through the day all the way to bedtime without having to nap as soon as I get home. (when I was pregnant with Max (towards the end) I would go to work and come home and go immediately to bed and wake up several hours later and eat and go right back to bed. That’s not really possible anymore) This pregnancy is just taking a lot out of me and I get so tired that I’m actually dizzy. My doc says that I need to ask for a short “nap” during the day and if necessary she’ll write me a note. (that will never fly here.) Otherwise she can write me an official letter stating that my work day needs to be shortened by 30 minutes – but that will also cause LOTS of disgruntled bosses. Not sure what to do about that.

No comments: