Saturday, February 25, 2012

Today we had a playdate cancellation.  (our friend Marcus has been really sick! we're rescheduled for next Sunday)  So, we got up and Greg made a new egg and tomato + hash brown dish for breakfast and then we got dressed and went to the Evanston winter farmer's market at the Arboretum.  And - its awesome!  We got fresh baked bread, onions, beans, lemon cream  honey, cherry honey, mushrooms and a giant box of blueberries.  (fun fact:  the Hardin family can eat a 5 lb. box of blueberries in less than a week.  )  Anyway - we came home - I cleaned the house like a maniac - not that you can tell, but I did.  Greg played games downstairs and the boys played games and then "clubhouse" in their tent with flashlights.  Scarlett played with her yellow and green rolling turtle and then went down for a nap.  After lunch, we all sat down to play the "Busy Town" game in the living room.  So fun - we tried to go for two rounds - but that was a bit much for the boys, so we let it go.  Ash, Max and I read stories:  Eloise Goes to Paris and the Backyardigan's Pirate Treasure.  And then...... I took a nap.  So tired.  Not sure what is with me lately  but I literally have a pain in my neck and it is making me tired.  *yawn*  Anyway - the boys have now had their snack - apples for Max and blueberries for Ash and watched their "show" for the evening:  Jay Jay the Jet Plane, and are brushing their teeth.  I would love to say that I will be awake enough to craft this evening - but most likely I'm going to be sleepy.  Oh well.

I was changing Scarlett's diaper earlier - had to use a Huggies - the Pampers were literally sold out in her size at the Target if you can believe that.  Anyway - and I got her all changed and everything and we cuddled and I realized that pretty soon, she's not going to be my snuggly "fuzzy" head anymore.  And I'm going to be so so very sad.  She just loves her hugs and snuggles right now and so do I.  But my little fuzzy head is growing up every day.

No comments: