Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just a Tuesday morning

Oh I have a lot of updates...... but I can't get to them today.  (do I always say that??)

So I'll just post about today.

This morning Ash came to wake me up.  (see?  What do I need an alarm clock for?)  He wanted some chocolate milk.  That's what mommies are good for in case you didn't know.  So I dragged myself out of bed (it was time to get up anyway) and went downstairs and got the boys their chocolate milk and Scarlett her morning bottle and I crashed on the couch for about 15 minutes.  Love that couch.  Fluffy feather and foam pillows, warm fleece throws.....  comfy comfy.  Anyway - then I got Scarlett up, changed her diaper and clothes and made some oatmeal for everyone - with applesauce and cranberries in it today!  (the boys love that...)  Now Scarlett is emptying our cookbook shelves and patting and patting on the shelves with her hands (what a nice drumming sound that is!).  The boys are having their video game time on the Wii - Pirates of the Caribbean today.  I'm updating this and then it will be time for me to start making lunch before school time.  Spaghetti O's I think today.  (I wanted to make turkey sandwiches - but there was a lot of protesting.....  )  Maybe I'll have the turkey sandwich.  Greg is working from home today and is now outside on the porch taking a break and playing sudoku on his phone.  I'm on my second cup of coffee now.  We're still without creamer in the house and you know, we're surviving.  Milk and splenda with just a dash of whipped cream is pretty tasty!  Scarlett is crawling around the house like a storm.  She is FAST.  She loves walking with her baby walker on wheels and she is loving her electronic story book that reads to her and sings songs.  She is saying, "mama", "dada", and variations of "nada", "nana" etc.  She has just crawled up to me and declared, "GA".  And that pretty much means she has had her morning poop and needs a clean diaper.  Who says babies can't talk??  Right now Scarlett is my little fuzzy head.  She's getting more and more little blonde hairs on her noggin and its just super cute.

Ash is my laundry helper - he is really great about putting clothes down the laundry chute.  We're ALL working on being better about cleaning up the playroom regularly.  Right now Max is the champ in that department - I think because at his school they have to clean up after playtime and they sing the "Clean up, clean up" song.  "Clean up clean up, everybody clean up, Clean up clean up, everybody do your share...".

Ok - time for me to run again - I have to fill out two forms for Max to take to school today.....1) his emergency contact sheet for school.  Again.  and 2) a release form for him to be able to participate in their dental health learning session at school this week.  So off I go.....

No comments: