Thank goodness its Friday. Seriously. Its like walking through molasses anymore to get through the week! Whew! I feel like I’ve climbed a mountain.
Tax day, our yearly family holiday with our tax guru - Anthony, was adventurous. It was a little bit like The Matrix. We dodged so many bullets tax-wise you’d have thought we were under fire! Well – we almost almost ended up owing – a LOT – like a whole lot – that we’d be paying on for 20 years. The govt charged me a smaller amount of tax than they should have for my mother’s estate, and I didn't think to call Anthony to ask about it, so when I filed that – I suddenly owed a whole lot of dough. But – we also have a whole lot of deductions – and we have more this year than we ever have before – and thankfully – mercifully – we don’t owe anything. We’re even getting a little check back + like a tip ($25) from the state. LOL! The whole situation was so unnerving it actually took me until the end of the day yesterday to relax about it. Seriously I don’t know what we would have done if we would have owed that much money, I really don’t. So – I feel very grateful and blessed. My poor guardian angel – he’s exhausted. He needs a cup of tea. His feathers are a little frayed.
Hmmm…….. I really can’t remember what we’re doing this weekend. We may take the boys to the children’s museum – we haven’t been in a while b/c they’ve been so sick. Greg has an audition for a new show at Raven Theatre on Sunday. (he'll probably get it - he's just really tearing it up acting-wise lately)
We’re having the hot water heater looked at today – so I’m waiting on a call back about that. :-p (and crossing my fingers that’s not going to be crazy expensive)
Our nanny called – and she’s out of town for AN ADDITIONAL ENTIRE WEEK!!!!!!! ::::::::headdesk:::::::::: We’re looking for someone new. Again. Honestly – we were just trying to make it to March and we were going to try to hire someone new anyway because we're going to be in a new area, etc.
I think G is going to be able to quit his job at the Container Store!! Isn’t that awesome?? His theatre job is really working out and its all-year (during the school year). He’s very excited – this is like his dream – just to be able to work as an actor. I’m very happy for him! (plus – he’s been doing really well with his hand modeling jobs! Isn’t that crazy? Who knew??)
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment