Thursday, May 21, 2009

updates and lots of photos!



I cannot hear a THING. This ear business is SO terribly frustrating. Monday I went in to see my ear doctor and apparently my ear drum has separated from the muscle tissue, so my hearing loss from my last cold is now actually permanent. V. upsetting. I have an appointment to be fitted for a hearing aid at the end of next week, but then I think its a week or two until I actually get it. Seriously this is affecting everything - Greg has to make sure he's actually looking at me when he talks - otherwise I can't hear him. At all.

Wally is stalking me again via e-mail and trying to get me to say that I will give him one of my mom’s bank accounts. He’s putting it as if it was her “wish” or something. So frustrating.
Ash is now drinking with a sippy cup - and he does not care what's in it. Tea, milk, chocolate milk - whatever Max is having is JUST FINE with him. We do our best to make sure its JUST milk, but sometimes he's quicker than we are and he just takes Max's sippy. LOL! Max is trying to use regular cups more and more - we're so proud! Its messy. Very messy - but good!!

Max’s cough is doing better. He’s still got it – but its not as bad. He had a photo shoot on Friday for a toy train that should be in the Christmas preview catalog of One Step Ahead. We were worried that he was going to cough all during his photo shoot, but he didn't.

Ash's Huggies ad is now out. Its on diaper boxes/packages (also online) for the Huggies Pure & Natural size 1. So look for him in stores! Here's the package:



We took the boys to the playground yesterday and took some quick pictures - they're not great because I took them with my phone - but they are not bad for phone pics, right?


























4 comments:

Silversangel said...

Look at those beautiful, beautiful babies!! What darling boys :)

Granny Nanny said...

Kelly, I think I have caught up on the blogs for the last couple of months. Hope all are recovered from the coughing-crap as we say here in the Hardin House. Sure look forward to seeing you in a little over a week!

Love ya............Mom

Granny Nanny said...

How are those ears and hearing? I am concerned about that for you. When will your new hearing aid(s) come in? Hopefully you will have them before you come down the first weekend in June. ......Mom

The Chicago Hardins said...

Hi there. Thank you Silversangel! *g*

Also Granny Nanny - we're still coughing a bit and Ash has a stuffy nose. (he screams so loud when we wipe his nose, you'd think we were cutting his nose OFF) Max has always done much better with the poking and prodding I do with grooming them. Ash just wants you to sit there and smile at him.

My ears are not good unfortunately. I have this weird "buzzing" sound in my ears that I guess is permanent, I dunno. My doctor didn't seem concerned about it - but its still there! I'm going to be fitted for a hearing aid tomorrow - I'm hoping I will get to bring one on our trip - but I don't know if it will need to be customized and ordered or not. I actually read lips very well - but I have to be directly looking at someone to do that you know. I can hear sort of if you talk "loudly" at me. Its probably not as bad as it sounds - but I do say "what?" an awful lot right now.