Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Power/water outage!

Tuesday evening as I was coming home from dinner at Rachel's, Greg called to tell me the power was out! When I arrived at home there was a fire truck and an ambulance (and about 30 people) out in front of my building!! Apparently a transformer blew and the power was out for HOURS. AND – because we had no power and we are in a highrise – we had NO WATER!! I had to get our Super to let me in the parking garage (electric door). Everything eventually came back on around 2AM. So – we couldn’t get online except on our phones and we couldn’t play games except on our ipods. LOL! So – I read a book for a while and G read some of his homework for school and then we went to bed. It was kind of nice though – spending the evening by candlelight. I hate being without the internet – very disconnecting!! Max did have a fun time wandering our hall with all the neighbors out and about and in the "dark". We ended up putting the boys to bed early.

No comments: