Friday, March 9, 2012

Whew.  We made it to Friday!  And it was even a short week!!  (felt like a long one though) Monday was Polaski Day?  Anyway.

Breakfast this morning was oatmeal and cranberries and lunch was toasted cheese sandwiches and apples.  I think for dinner we're having spaghetti and meatballs.  Yum!

I have a cold.  That's my main problem right now.  And its cold outside.  But - it was sunny, so after Max, Scarlett and I went to pick up Ash from school - we went to the playground for about as long as Scarlett and I could stand it.  (its about 35 degrees outside)  I feel like after the "harsh" part of winter is over, its good for the kids to get outside and run and play as much as possible.  And it generally makes our evenings go much smoother since they've gotten out any excess energy they had.  After the playground, we dropped by the library to drop off our books because they're late!  We need to get new ones!  We are really going through them lately!  A good thing!

Scarlett is loving Spongebob Squarepants right now.  She just smiles and claps every time the show comes on - so we watch that over lunch when its just us.

Ash loves to "read" the road signs on the way to his school every day and he says, "Don't Turn On Red", right mommy??  "Don't Turn On Red!!".  He gets such a kick out of it.  The sign actually says, "NO Turn On Red".  We're working on that.  Associating sounds with letters.

Max played soccer in school this week and he has been studying how to take care of your teeth and various things about oral hygiene.  Next week he's going to be looking at the color green, the month of March and there is a Leprechan supposed to visit his school on Friday!

No comments: